Applications are invited for a 2-year postdoctoral fellowship working as a member of the EarthByte Group in the School of Geosciences as part of the Basin Genesis Hub, an ARC-Industrial Transformation Research Hub. The position will focus on geodynamic modelling relevant for understanding the dynamics of basin evolution. This will include regional thermo-mechanical models of lithospheric extension or compression, linked to surface process models, as well as mantle convection models with assimilated plate motions and subduction history that provide time-dependent boundary conditions for basin evolution. The position will involve model calibration using a variety of geological and geophysical observations ranging from tectonic subsidence and uplift/exhumation, basin structural styles and history, stratigraphy and seismic images. The role will involve working with industry partners and include ground-truthing model outputs with industry data.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow with:
- a Ph.D. in Geophysics/Geodynamics or similar field
- strong geodynamic modelling expertise including the lithosphere and mantle convection;
- research track record that shows potential to be of international standing
- demonstrated willingness to engage with observational geoscience
- an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary research team including other postdocs, technical and academic members of staff, and research students
- a willingness to work closely with industry in applying research outcomes
- a capacity to write successful research proposals.
For more information about the position please contact Dan Kuhner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search for reference number Reference no. 1149/0617 to apply. http://sydney.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm…
Closing date: 11:30pm 16July 2017 (Sydney Time)
806 total views, 2 views today