Welcome to the download page for GPlates 2.3.
Information about this release may be found on the News page of the GPlates website.
This page contains the following sections:
Download file descriptions
There are ten download files consisting of:
- Binary installers to install GPlates on Windows, macOS and Ubuntu.
- Source code to compile GPlates.
- GPlates-compatible geodata.
GPlates binary installers
The binary installers include GPlates and the GPlates-compatible geodata.
- Installs a 64-bit version of GPlates on a 64-bit version of Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Simply double-click to install.
- If a window pops up saying “Windows protected your PC”
- then click “More info” and “Run anyway”.
- The geodata is installed to
C:\Program Files\GPlates\GPlates 2.3.0\GeoData
- Contains a 64-bit version of GPlates for use on a 64-bit version of Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Simply extract to any directory.
- The geodata can be found in the
GeoDatasub-directory of extracted location.
- Installs a 64-bit version of GPlates on High Sierra (10.13) or above.
- To install, simply:
- double-click on the
.dmgfile (to open the disk image in Finder) and
- drag the
GPlates_2.3.0folder into your
- double-click on the
GPlates_2.3.0folder contains GPlates, and the geodata (in a
- Packages for 64-bit Bionic (18.04 LTS), Focal (20.04 LTS), Groovy (20.10) and Hirsute (21.04).
- To install, simply download the appropriate package for your system and double-click.
- The geodata will be installed to
- Note: If you are using a different Linux distribution please use the source code package instead.
GPlates source code
The source code is available in
gplates_2.3.0_src.zip (for Windows) and
gplates_2.3.0_src.tar.bz2 (for Linux and macOS).
Instructions on how to compile GPlates from source may be found in the following files (in the source code):
GPlates 2.3 compiles and runs on Linux, macOS 10.13 (and above), Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
GPlates source code and binaries are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
GPlates-compatible geodata is included in the binary installers, and will be automatically installed with GPlates.
The geodata is also available in
gplates_2.3.0_geodata.zip. This may be useful when compiling GPlates from source (since the source code does not include geodata).
Information about the geodata in this release may be found at GPlates 2.3 software and data sets
Download file links
To download, please:
- select one or more of the following download files,
- enter your name and email address,
- answer the question on GPlates usage,
- click the Get download link(s) button.
Then your download links should appear at the bottom of this page.
1,523 total views, 12 views today