Oil Search’s Reservoir Development team is currently seeking applicants who are interested in completing a Summer Internships project from early December 2018 to March 2019.
The Reservoir Development team is tasked with capturing and integrating all geological, reservoir, fluid and wellbore characteristics in order that we can optimise the reserves in our operated oil fields, across PNG. The team is comprised of Reservoir Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Geologists and Data Specialists – all of whom are keen to share their skills with you.
Are you the applicant we’re looking for?
We have opportunities for three vacation students – one from a Geoscience background and two from an Engineering background.
For all positions, we welcome applications from those who:
- Have completed the third year of their degree (Petroleum Engineering, Earth Science or other relevant degree).
- Are available for work in Oil Search’s Sydney CBD office between Dec 2018–Mar 2019. Unfortunately, we can’t offer assistance with travel or accommodation so, if you are not Sydney based, you would likely need friends or family in Sydney who you could stay with.
- Skilled at handling data.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to self-check work.
For Engineering applicants, we’d like to hear from students with skills in some/all of the following:
- Pressure Transient Analysis and Build-up interpretations
- Data collation, analysis and visualisation
- Well performance and vertical lift
- Understanding of well testing, production logging and wireline logging
- SQL databases
- Excel – especially VBA
For Geoscience applicants, we’d like to hear from students with skills in some/all of the following:
- Well log correlation
- Isopach mapping
- Any Petrel experience would be a bonus, but is not essential
Interested to apply?
Please email, in PFD format:
- A single page cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and how you meet the above requirements.
- A single page CV outlining any work experience you have.
- Your academic transcript.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 November 2018, with “Res Dev Summer Vacation Students” in the subject line.